Coordinator of Special Projects, Relay Graduate School of Education (New York, NY)
Position Summary: The Coordinator of Special Projects, reporting to the Senior Manager of Finance, is part of the Finance team, which provides student-facing financial services in addition to institutional financial management for the overall organization. As the Coordinator of Special Projects gains exposure to the financial operations at Relay GSE and gains experience working within a fast-paced and expanding organization, she or he will build strong systems to support the larger team, thereby ensuring students have a positive experience with our organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate with prospective and current students about the financial aid process and determine their eligibility for federal and institutional financial aid
- Help students understand their current and future financial aid packages in relation to their financial obligations at Relay GSE
- Coordinate and attend financial aid informational sessions
- Track, record and communicate financial aid and billing information to students and other third parties in a professional and service-oriented manner
- Perform loan origination, disbursement and refund reconciliations on a regular basis
- Develop and refine current Relay GSE policies and procedures to ensure compliance with current financial aid rules and regulations
- Generate accurate financial aid reports to indentify necessary interventions with students and/or changes to Relay GSE's financial aid processes
- Work closely with the Technology team to ensure that the student information system and financial aid systems meet both RGSE's and students' needs
- Proactively improve the accuracy of financial aid records by performing miscellaneous accounting reconciliation projects
- Support the Finance team in producing backup materials and schedules for yearly audits
- Collaborate with the Enrollment Services team to ensure all student records are complete, accurate and secure and provide support on a variety of projects related to admissions, enrollment, certification, and registration of graduate students
- Communicate with applicants and students to ensure they understand and meet administrative requirements and deadlines
First and foremost, the Coordinator of Special Projects must share the team's sense of urgency about the need to improve student achievement through phenomenal teacher training.
Additionally, candidates for the position must have the following:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with demonstration of quantitative or logical reasoning skills
- Engagement with mission oriented organization and/or extracurricular activity
- Strong organizational and communication skills with a service-oriented mentality
- A high level of attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work efficiently, intensely, and within an entrepreneurial environment
- A passion to join a mission-driven organization
The Relay Graduate School of Education (Relay GSE) is a groundbreaking graduate school with an innovative Master's degree program designed specifically to respond to today's urgent demand for effective and successful teachers. Relay GSE will be serving over 650 graduate or alternate route program students in both New York and New Jersey in the 2012-2013 school year.
Relay GSE's mission is to teach teachers to develop in all students the academic skills and strength of character needed to succeed in college and life. Our academic programs - practically focused, reinforced by the proven practices of high-performing schools, and substantiated by research - were designed to enable our graduates to lead their predominantly urban students to demonstrable annual achievement gains. Relay GSE is positioned to bring about transformational change in teacher preparation, becoming the place where a new generation of continuously-improving, results-focused individuals can fulfill their destiny in the world's greatest profession.
Relay GSE offers a competitive salary and benefits package for full-time employees.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should apply directly to http://relayschool.force.com/careers. Should you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submitted: January 7, 2013
Google MBA Internships
Google’s Summer 2013 MBA Internship job posting is now available. Students can visit Google's job website at www.google.com/intl/en/jobs/students/sga/mba/internships/uscanada/usmbaintern to apply.
Please note that the application deadline is Friday, February 1, 2013 at 11:59pm PST. Google recruiters will begin reviewing applications in December, so all students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. In addition, interviews will occur on a rolling basis and continue after the application deadline.
Additionally, the application process has two parts. Google will only review applications that have submitted both part 1 and part 2 of the online application.
Submitted: November 9, 2012
Summer Analyst Positions at Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo will be accepting applications for its 2013 Summer Intern Programs online on December 3 and 4. Undergraduate intern candidates should be December 2013 – May 2014 graduates. MBA intern candidates should be May 2014 graduates between their first and second year of business school. For more information on careers at Wells Fargo Securities and the application process, please visit: www.wellsfargo.com/securitiescareers. Please let us know you applied so we can recommend you as an A Better Chance Alum!
Submitted: November 7, 2012
Google BOLD Internship for College Sophomore and Juniors
Google is getting ready to launch the 2013 Building Opportunities for Leadership and Development (BOLD) Internship application. To better prepare interested applicants, the BOLD team will be hosting a live Hangout on Air on Tuesday, October 16 at 4PM EST (1PM PST) from the Google Studentspage on Google+. They will answer questions about the application, the selection process and the various components of the internship.
Students can submit their questions and vote for previous ones here or by using the hashtag #BOLDHangout on Google+ or Twitter. If you are not able watch the Hangout live, Google will upload the recording to the Google Students YouTube Channel at a later date. You can also learn more about the BOLD Internship Program by visiting www.google.com/students/bold. The application will be posted by the third week of October. Make sure to mention A Better Chance when applying for the internship!
Submitted: October 9, 2012
Sophomore Diversity Leadership Program at CitiBank (New York, NY)
The Sophomore Diversity Leadership Program was developed to provide exceptional minority sophomore students (women, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, military veterans, people with disabilities and people of Black and Latino/Hispanic descent) with a 10-week summer experience and an introduction to our Institutional Clients Group businesses. Successful Sophomore Analysts will be considered for our Diversity Scholars Program and for our Junior Summer Analyst Programs (placement will be based on personal interest and the needs of the firm).
Structure of the Program:
- 10- week paid internship
- Direct placement within one of the Institutional Clients Group Analyst programs (Citi Corporate and Investment Banking, Citi Markets, & Cit Transaction Services)
- A formal summer review process including a mid-summer and a final summer evaluation
- Must be a sophomore pursuing a Baccalaureate Degree
- Open to all disciplines and majors
- GPA: 3.3 or above
- Compensation: Competitive
- Location(s): New York, NY
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status. (This is a program for which we will not sponsor individuals for work authorization)
- Current sophomore student with distinguished academic achievement and demonstrated leadership activities, interest in financial services, high level of personal integrity, commitment to excellence, enthusiasm, energy and a strong desire to learn
How to Apply:
To be considered for the Sophomore Diversity Leadership Program, all students must apply through Citi’s website at www.oncampus.citi.com on or before Friday, October 12, 2012:
- Under Vacancy criteria, select US
- Institutional Clients Group
- Summer Analyst
- Sophomore Diversity Leadership program
Mention that you heard about the opportunity from A Better Chance and that you are an A Better Chance Alum. Please also email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and let us know you applied.
Also, as part of Citi's commitment to recruiting high-caliber talent and in accordance with our Diversity Recruiting Mission Statement, Citi Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is proud to sponsor the Citi Diversity Scholars Program for Sophomores. Applicants who wish to apply to the Diversity Scholars Program will be eligible to receive a one-time taxable award of $5,000. Once you complete your application online, you will prompted to apply for the Diversity Scholars Program.
Submitted: September 19, 2012
Success Academy Charter Schools Internship (New York, NY)
Success Academy Charter Schools is a fast growing not-for-profit Charter Management Organization (CMO) that operates 14 public charter elementary and middle schools throughout New York City. Over the next decade, our network will grow to 40 schools that provide a phenomenal K-8 public education to NYC school children. Our dual mission is to:
- Offer children in New York City an exceptional public education that prepares them to succeed in college and life.
- Forever alter the educational prospects for all public school children by creating a “tipping point” – moving a nation where educational failure is the norm to a nation that expects high-quality public school options for all children.
Success offers both full and part-time internships in the fall, spring, and summer. A part-time position requires a minimum of 15 hours per week. Interns are permitted to work a maximum of 40 hours per week. The position is minimally a 10-week commitment.
Support a growing network of success
The Success Academy Charter Schools includes departments in the areas of Data & Accountability, Enrollment, External Affairs, Finance, Human Resources & Recruitment, Information Communication & Technology, Instructional Development, Literacy, Marketing, and Operations. Each department plays a pivotal role in ensuring student success throughout the year.
Interns at Success Academy Charter Schools are key players in our daily operation and our constant innovation. Success Academy Charter Schools Internships provide a unique experience to observe and be part of the start-up phase of a highly ambitious and successful educationally focused organization. You will have the opportunity to learn hands-on from talented individuals who are pioneers in the education reform movement.
Interns receive ongoing mentor-ships and training throughout their program at Success Academy Charter Schools. Assigned to a team based on your skill sets and interests, you will work directly with a Success Academy Charter Schools Director who will oversee your work, help identify project goals, and support your professional development. You will have the opportunity to attend department and network-wide meetings as well as organization-wide events.
Below please find specific descriptions of the Success Academy Charter Schools departments that offer internship opportunities.
Network Operations Opportunities
Actively support our fundraising efforts by performing research on prospective donors, maintaining our database of current and potential donors, offering logistical support for board meetings, and planning several special events, including our 6th annual poker fundraising tournament.
Provide support for our Education Reform mission through public relations, government relations and advocacy work.
Human Resources & Recruitment
Acquire and retain top talent, acting strategically and tactically to ensure a high quality of life in a stable, sustainable model.
Information Communication & Technology
Provide technology infrastructure and solutions in partnership with schools that enable instructional staff to focus on educating scholars.
Develop and execute marketing plans to raise awareness of our schools among parents, communities and perspective employees.
Learning Team Opportunities
Data & Accountability
Help design test prep materials and provide logistical support so our schools can continue to rank in the top 1% of elementary and middle schools statewide. As a Data & Accountability intern your work will directly impact daily classroom instruction that will get thousands of students to ace the state exams.
Responsible for recruiting, training, and developing a master's degree program for incoming teachers and administrators for Success Academies. Fall interns will assist with our newest cohort of Teaching Fellows, as they begin their training and residency in Success Academies schools.
Responsible for the training and professional development of all school leaders, the management of academic consultants, and the development and execution of an extensive summer training program (Leader Summit) for all new and returning leaders. Fall interns will assist with the planning of leader meetings, the balancing of consultant visits, and the development of Leader Summit.
Further develop the THINK Literacy program and enhance teacher and leader ability through Success Academy training methods.
Coordinate and plan professional development sessions for teachers across our Network of schools. Support our Network teams and School Leadership in improving teacher practice and driving student outcomes. Liaise with multiple teams to ensure high-quality, consistent training in all instructional areas.
Please upload a resume and cover letter that outlines how your skills and experience meet the qualifications to work in a fast paced, results oriented environment at http://www.successcareers.org. Your cover letter should explain why you would be an excellent intern at Success Academy Charter Schools. When applying for the position, your cover letter must address which department you are applying to intern for and why you are interested in joining this department.
Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Submitted: September 13, 2012
Bloomingdale's Marketing Account Executive (New York, NY)
Drive creative production process of brand right Bloomingdale’s direct mail in order to ensure that merchandise/offers are communicated in an effective way. Must have the ability to maintain a fluid process with multiple points of input.
- Manage and coordinate the production of all Bloomingdale’s catalogs/direct mail pieces from concept to mailing
- Create and maintain production schedules, media expense database
- Manage creative process as well as both internal/external creative teams and agencies
- Act as liaison between upper management, merchant organization, and creative department
- Present completed projects to all levels of management
- Work closely with multiple areas of marketing to ensure all pertinent information is communicated and carried over to each project
- Develop alternatives with production manager/creative team/merchants when events/direction changes midstream
- Enforce Bloomingdale’s standards from a business, creative, and merchandise standpoint for each direct mail piece
- Minimum 1-2 years Account Executive/Acct Management experience
- Retail industry experience a plus
- BS/BA degree in Marketing or related field
- Independent worker, self starter, resourceful, strong problem solving skills
- Must be able to work with all levels of management
- Highly organized, ability to multi task and be able to quickly change priorities
Submitted: August 3, 2012
Bloomingdale's Public Media Account Executive (New York, NY)
This position will report to the Director of DM/ROP Production and it is their role to shepherd all newspaper, magazine and all public media ads through the production process, using the available technology to manage workflow deadline compliance, verify specifications, communicate any issues and finally ensure transmission to the appropriate publication or business.
- Responsible for overseeing the daily production workflow of newspaper, magazine and all public media ads.
- Manage templates used by creative teams to ensure proper sizing and specs.
- Must communicate effectively and professionally with internal resources, merchants, and outside media (i.e. newspapers and magazines).
- Ensure all ads are created to support Bloomingdale’s business goals and ensure transmission time standards.
- Ensure workflow timeline compliance from the creative team using manual or digital workflow system reports and personal communication, and get management involved in a timely manner when deadlines are at risk.
- Assisting with updating ad specifications from SRDS and assisting with ad measurements.
- Preparation of materials for various review and status meetings.
- Traffic for approval, including revisions, direct mail produced by outside brands that are mailed to our customers. Enforce Bloomingdale’s creative and branding standards with these brands and manage timelines.
- 4-Year University degree
- Some relevant educational or work experience in an ad agency or retail marketing department.
- Ability to multi-task
- Must communicate clearly, concisely and in positive manner
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Necessary computer skills Word, Excel as well as proprietary databases and software. InDesign would be a plus.
Submitted: August 3, 2012
Data Architect at GroupM (New York, NY)
GroupM is WPP’s number one media investment management group in the world (RECMA 2010) and serves as the parent company to: Maxus, MEC, MediaCom and Mindshare.
GroupM Business Science is a full service analytics, data, business, and marketing consultancy that is able to objectively evaluate market responses to the vast array of influencing stimuli. GroupM Business Science professionals consult with and provide actionable insights to our clients to help drive profitable marketing decisions that lead to growth.
The Data Architect is responsible for the support and implementation of database applications during the design, build and maintenance phases of large projects. Candidates are expected to demonstrate the following skills/experience: hands-on skills in managing large data sets, familiarity with big-data concepts, cloud computing, open-source tools, and optimization techniques, client interface.
- Design, build, and deploy database applications
- Manage data architecture requirements; Define QA guidelines
- Manage the retrieving, compiling, and formatting of large volumes of data
- Utilize syndicated research tools to retrieve various types of data (macroeconomic, marketing, business, etc.)
- Manage project timelines and deliverable schedules and share concerns and issues with project managers and directors
- Build applications writing SQL and/or SAS scripts to manage data or writing specific Build instructions for an off-shore programmer to write the scripts
- Manage communications between onshore and offshore implementation team during Build. Write and manage tasks to be completed offshore.
- Ensure applications are properly maintained by working with off-shore maintenance teams to ensure all cycles are properly completed, with strong emphasis on Quality Assurance of data and settings
- Assist implementation lead in resolving database architecture questions
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field required. An MS is preferred.
- 3-5 years related work experience in the field of data management, marketing analytics, and technology
- Experience with the full development life cycle of an application stack - from architecture through test and deployment.
- Strong skills in SQL and proven experience working with at least one of the major databases platforms (SQLServer, Oracle, DB2, MySQL, Sybase, or Postgres)
- Proficient in system architectures (translating application design to operational requirements)
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations
- Organized, detail-oriented, QA-focused
- Process-driven project management a plus
- Prior knowledge of advertising ecosystem, understanding of marketing metrics, and analytical products offered as a service is preferred
- Familiarity with big-data concepts, cloud computing, open-source tools, and optimization techniques is preferred
TO APPLY: Submit resumes to Kimberly.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submitted: June 25, 2012
Analytics Director at GroupM (New York, NY)
The Role Objective
We are looking for an exceptionally talented digital analytics director to work actively with planning teams, trading teams, and DMP providers to derive insights and devise analytics solutions for our clients. The ideal candidate will have a wide range of experience analyzing and deriving marketing insights from data. He/she will be good at translating complex technical concepts into actionable tactical and strategic insights and communicating them persuasively to our internal teams and managers as well as clients and partners. Great role for someone working in media (TV) research ( Neilson, Kantar, Comscore etc)
- Manage and grow client digital analytics business by identifying new opportunities for measurement, research and analytics within existing client accounts and establishing relationships with prospective clients
- Lead insight generation based on digital measurement reporting and analysis
- Identify and partner with external vendors and partners (Yahoo Direct!, Kantar, Comscore, Compete, etc.)
- Develop analytics proposals and strategies to present to clients
- Design, code, test and debug custom queries, reports and business logic using various reporting technologies
- Mentor a small team
Primary (day-to-day) Responsibilities:
- Work with planning team to collate and present client past digital campaign learnings and benchmarks to inform internal briefing process for upcoming campaigns (across all platforms – display, search, mobile and social).
- Analyze and review campaign performance reports to suggest optimization initiatives. Gain client / planning team approval for optimisation initiatives and implement accordingly.
- Develop KPI framework to monitor campaign performance
- Build models to quantify impact of digital and tease out relationships between digital and other channels (e.g. TV on search)
- Create Maxus PoV’s which cover key digital landscape developments
- BS Degree and thorough understanding of online marketing and web metrics
- 7+ years experience in statistical analysis, segmentation, predictive modeling, market research, testing and project management
- Deep knowledge of various measurement and campaign management technologies such as:
- Website traffic analytics software (tagging and log file based) such as
- Omniture, Google Analytics, WebTrends, CoreMetrics
- Ad serving platforms such as DoubleClick/?DART, Atlas, Eyeblaster etc.
- In-depth knowledge of integrated marketing and CRM disciplines (including primary research, online advertising, customer segmentation, targeting, direct marketing, customer care)
- Possession of excellent written, oral communication, project management and presentation skills.? Ability to present complex data reports, financial analyses, and statistics in a simple and clear way
- Proven ability to interact with senior management and clients, understand corporate strategy, and present actionable findings
- Graduate degree in Statistics, Economics, Operations Research or related field
- Knowledge or experience of the CPG industry
- Knowledge of database design, applications, and data flows a plus.
TO APPLY: Submit resumes to Kimberly.email@example.com.
Maxus is a global communications agency that helps marketers build profitable relationships between consumers and their brands.
Our services include communications strategy, digital marketing, direct response media, database management and media planning and buying. We have more than 1,300 people in 55 agencies worldwide, and we're part of GroupM, the world's largest media investment management group that serves as the parent company for all of WPP's media agencies. GroupM's scale creates access to the best media opportunities at the best prices.
At Maxus, we build deeper relationships between consumers and brands; creating more valued communication for businesses and consumers. We call this Relationship Media.
Our approach is rooted in balancing the rigour of data with strategy and ideas, delivering communication that is bold, fresh and grounded. We are passionate about driving deeper engagement in the new communications landscape. We are connected to how and why people watch, read, listen, download, interact with and then distribute media to their friends, families and communities. We keep a step ahead, creating powerful, actionable insights that positively impact the customer decision journey and deliver a clear line of sight to business objectives.
GroupM is the leading global media investment management operation. It serves as the parent company to WPP media agencies, Maxus, MediaCom, Mediaedge:cia and MindShare.
Its primary purpose is to maximize the performance of WPP’s media communications agencies on behalf of our clients, our shareholders and our people by operating as a parent and collaborator in performance-enhancing activities such as trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. The agencies that comprise GroupM are all global operations in their own right with leading market positions.
Submitted: June 25, 2012
Leadership Program Opportunity for College Students
Are you a college student who wants to excel in your career?
Do you want to grow your national network?
Are you passionate about motivating others to succeed?
USAdelante is an organization whose mission is to support college students to grow as leaders. We do this by creating a national peer-to-peer (student-to-student) coaching organization where we facilitate professional development exercises to grow students' support community and learn valuable and necessary skills to be competitive in the workplace.
This August, USAdelante is launching its 10-month program connecting college students to a national community of other young scholars to increase the number of underrepresented student leaders. Participants will be connected to students nationally to complete one-hour career readiness exercises weekly. Sign up for more information on this exciting opportunity by registering here.
Additionally, USAdelante uses YouTube to facilitate the Voices Campaign, where college students can contribute their “road to college” story aimed to encourage high school students to pursue a college degree. To learn more please visit www.USAdelante.org and/or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submitted: June 15, 2012