Over the course of two generations, A Better Chance has placed more than 14,000 talented young people of color into the nation’s leadership pipeline through increased access to academically rigorous independent and public schools.
Even with our record of success in enabling youth of color to access superior educations, we are limited by the number of students we are able to help each year. Because of this, the leadership pipeline has not yet become self-sustaining and our national economic mobility lags behind many other nations. We must act now to invest in the talented youth of today or risk losing an entire generation of talented young individuals!
Recognizing the potential of our organization, we seek to invest in the future.
Increase the number of youth served annually from 2,000 to 3,500 by 2020.
Goals for Program Expansion
- Add approximately 250 new Member Schools across the country to create greater opportunities for students
- Expand our unique Community Schools Program to increase the visibility and reach of A Better Chance in new communities
- Expand our geographic presence to access untapped markets and increase recruitment and student acceptance beginning with a new Midwest office
Click here to read more about what our Member School partners think about the impact and importance of A Better Chance.
Ensure Scholar Success during the transition from high school to top colleges and universities across the country.
Goals for Deepening Scholar Support
- Increase college awareness by doubling student enrollment in the College Tour program and tour different regions beginning with the West Coast and focusing on different sectors (STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
- Increase admission to top-tier colleges by providing a dedicated SAT prep program for sophomores and juniors
- Strengthen student success and affinity by creating a signature mentorship program for older Scholars to provide guidance to newer and younger Scholars
Click here to read what are Scholars have to say about the resources and support offered by A Better Chance.
Fortify the pipeline of diverse leaders for the future, and build the future of A Better Chance by adding to the endowment.
Goals for Creating a Comprehensive Alumni Network
- Establish regional opportunities for Alumni to gather, hear from thought leaders, discuss issues affecting communities of color, and network with peers on a consistent basis
- Reconnect Alumni with each other by creating an online community that includes job and internship opportunities
- Provide guidance to younger Alumni by establishing a mentorship program that will pair them with established, successful Alumni
- Our current Endowment of approximately $13 million has generated approximately $3.5 million in revenue over the past seven years. An increased endowment will engender stability and fuel growth in the long-term by providing additional investment income