Strath Haven A Better Chance
The Strath Haven Chapter of A Better Chance (ABC), a nationwide program providing educational opportunities to talented students of color, is currently seeking Tutors/Mentors for the upcoming academic year (2013-2014)
The program houses in Swarthmore, PA have 5-8 female students during any given academic year, a Resident Director, and 3 Tutors.
The tutor position provides a private room and board and a stipend for 10 months, in exchange for part-time hours. Tutor/Mentors will be on-duty four nights per week and several weekend nights per month, during which time they will supervise study hall, tutor students, participate in weekday dinners and take responsibility for fostering a family-like atmosphere in the house.
The Tutor/Mentors are expected to maintain an appropriate standard of behavior, demonstrating a respect for the integrity of each Scholar and staff member, as well as a concern for the overall welfare of the program.
Minority applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Completion of a minimum of two years of college; degree completion preferred
• Strong tutoring skills
• Experience working with teenagers
• Maturity and ability to enforce rules
• Good interpersonal skills
• Valid driver's license (car ownership a plus)
• Must commit to the academic school year (September through June)
Applicants should send a cover letter, resume and unofficial/official transcripts to email@example.com.