Digital Communications Manager
New York, NY - Full Time
The Digital Communications Manager will be the organization’s first dedicated communications-oriented staff member.
- Maintain, update, and add new content to our website in Finalsite’s Composer CMS.
- Maintain and promulgate organization’s branding across media, through own work and through collaboration with colleagues.
- Use Google Analytics to monitor the site’s performance through data on demographics, traffic flow, search engine placement, etc, and make improvements accordingly.
- Execute and refine a content strategy that drives engagement. Create an annual communications calendar,
- Effectively maintain and regularly update organization’s social media accounts.
- Serve as a writer and editor for web, mass email, social media, and print communication content, ensuring quality, clarity, and consistency.
- Stay updated on field best practices and trends.
- Collaborate with Programs and Development teams to create campaigns.
- Manage the distribution of content across all platforms.
- Create and/or steward photo and video content for the website.
- Assist colleagues in learning how to use pertinent parts of the web CMS and adjust their permissions to enable their work.
- Assure web-based information is archived for future needs and references.
- Develop and maintain a well-organized file structure of communication assets.
- Serve as primary point of contact with communications-related contractors.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in liberal arts, communications, or another communication-honing field. For strong applicants, can be substituted for a minimum of 3 years’ experience in comparable communication coordination.
- Experience with web editing through a robust Content Management System (CMS) and Google Analytics required. Finalsite Composer Experience preferred.
- Basic photo editing skills (Adobe Photoshop and/or Lightroom) and strong aesthetic judgment required. Additional design skills in Adobe Creative Cloud strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in content marketing and social media management.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced nonprofit environment, build relationships with colleagues across offices, and balance priorities.
- Experience in education and/or nonprofit organizations preferred.
Please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover Letter
- 2 Writing Samples
- Up to three additional portfolio examples you think would be valuable to our decision-making progress