New York, NY - Full Time
- Manage and track a comprehensive pipeline of 125+ donors and prospects in Midwest, Northwest and Southwest regions.
- Complete 15-20 face-to-face visits per month (4 visits per week on average).
- Develop individual major gifts strategies for cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major gift prospects and donors (including alumni, individuals and organizations donors at the $10,000 level and above) including proposal writing.
- Maintain a high level of contact with DreamBuilders (donors) of $1,200 or more with an emphasis on soliciting, upgrading and renewing gifts through personalized correspondence, visits and events.
- Work with Development team to design and implement a comprehensive calendar of cultivation and stewardship events for donors and prospects, including major donor receptions and volunteer opportunities.
- Attend National Advisory Council (group of committed alumni volunteers) meetings and calls.
- Work with Director of Development to set quarterly, annual and long-term objectives, strategies and action plans to support the organization’s strategic plan.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree and four (4) or more years of professional experience in development, non-profit management, sales or new business development.
- Experience developing and sustaining meaningful relationships with major donors, Board members, volunteers, staff, business leaders and other stakeholders.
- Strong track record in prospecting, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major gifts.
- Exemplary communication, writing and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong project management skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities without compromising quality.
- Excellent computer skills and advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, Raiser’s Edge, MyEmma and Eventbrite.
- Flexibility and ability to work independently and as a team player with a wide range of constituents and colleagues.
- Strong work ethic and a commitment to the mission and growth of A Better Chance.
- Ability to travel overnight, with some evening and weekend work required.
- Experience working with political campaigns, capital campaigns and/or in independent school/university fundraising a plus.
Please submit a resume, cover letter indicating salary requirements, and a 1-3 page writing sample (solicitation letters or donor proposal preferred) to Nicole at email@example.com. Please be sure to include Major Gifts Officer in the subject line. Cover letters without salary indications will be prioritized lower. No phone calls, please.