Anyone can apply to most A Better Chance Member Schools - but our Cohort enjoys these advantages:
- Common Application (the same for each school to which you apply)
- Most fees waived (such as the application fee)
- Scholar Support, including leadership capacity development programs and college & career workshops
When you submit an application to A Better Chance, you become a potential candidate for one of our Member Schools. Since our application cycle begins much earlier than the average school application, we allow students to get a head start on the admissions process to our Member Schools.
When you begin your A Better Chance application in February, you start preparing for schools’ application processes almost six months earlier. Because of this, when you submit an application to A Better Chance, you are actually completing an application for 2 grade levels above your current grade. For example, if a student in the 7th grade completes our application, that student becomes a candidate for the 9th grade.
|Current Grade||Placement Grade|
- Application Becomes Available Online: February 1
- Application is Due: April 15
- Decisions released to Applicants: mid- to late June
Things to do before you apply
- Review your eligibility
- Fill out an Inquiry Form
- Attend an in-person or online info session
- Review the directory of our Member Schools
- Visit ssat.org to learn and prepare for the benchmark exam
- Begin thinking about how to fund your independent school education - we recommend this guide as a place to start.