If you have questions, we hope you find answers here.
- Why should I apply to A Better Chance?
- Does A Better Chance provide Scholarships?
- Do I have to attend an info session in order to apply?
- Is there a cost for the application?
- How can I track my application?
- When are application decisions made?
- When will A Better Chance contact me?
- Why does A Better Chance require proof of income?
- Is there a cut-off score for the benchmark test?
The A Better Chance application is self-monitored. You will be able to view the status of your application through your online portal. Review our Online Application Guidelines and FAQs for instructions
Our main method of communication is email. During the application process, A Better Chance will send communications about upcoming information sessions, the release of the application, and missing items. Be sure to use a personal email address that you check regularly when beginning the application process, check your junk/spam, and add email@example.com to your email contacts.
We use income as a criterion for eligibility in order to best serve those in need of our services. Additionally, we use your financial information to make determinations about eligibility for our Community Schools Program and fee waivers for testing and financial aid applications. If you have questions about income, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Still curious about something? Please email us at email@example.com.