Regions have various parent networks that work together to support Scholars matriculating to new schools and help build resources for the broader Scholar community!
What We Provide
A Better Chance links Scholars with programs that improve academic, leadership & career skills, and enable study abroad opportunities!
Throughout the year, A Better Chance organizes workshops that aim to develop crucial skills for tomorrow’s job marketplace and college admissions. There are also national roles for which Scholars are selected, scholarships and awards for which Scholars can apply, and more!
During the school year, the Programs team from your region visits Member Schools to meet with Directors of Admissions and Scholars. This serves as a way to see how your year is going and to learn new ways to support your journey!
One of the first things you will experience is our New Scholar Orientation! This is an exciting event where new Scholars get to know each other and learn what to expect from their schools, as well as what is expected of them as Scholars.
- The organization was founded in 1963 and has been active ever since!
- Over 16,000 Alumni (from all 50 states) have been placed in Partner Schools.
- The program has roughly 2,000 Scholars enrolled at any given time in middle & high schools around the country.
- Approximately 2,500 students apply each year.
- Currently there are over 300 partner schools in 30+ states.
- Over 96% of A Better Chance graduating seniors immediately enroll into a college or university.
- A Better Chance currently has 5 regional offices including the Middle States, Northeast, Northwest, Southeast, and Southwest.
- Annually, our Member Schools award over $20,000,000 of financial aid to our matriculating Scholars